Killed at School
There have been more violent school-related deaths this academic year than in all of 2002-03, according to research conducted by USA Today. A look at some of the high-profile incidents:
• A 14-year-old girl visiting former teachers is accidentally shot and killed by a 14-year-old boy in Georgia.
• A 15-year-old boy is shot and killed near a Colorado high school.
• A 14-year-old member of a San Diego high school cross-country team is a victim of a murder-suicide ambush by his father.
• A 16-year-old boy dies after a fight at his Arizona high school.
• A high school junior in Mississippi shoots and kills a man near the foothill field while school is in session.
• A 16-year-old Kentucky student kills another teen, then kills herself in a car parked across from school.
• A 15-year-old boy brings a gun to his Minnesota school and fatally shoots two other students.
Source: USA Today December 2003