- March 20, 2000: Fired employee Robert Harris, 28, fatally shoots five
people at a Dallas-area car wash. Harris is convicted and sentenced to death.
- Dec. 30, 1999: Authorities say housekeeper Silvio Izquierdo-Leyva, 36,
fatally shoots five co-workers at Tampaâ€™s Radisson Bay Harbor hotel. He
- Nov. 2, 1999: Copier repairman Byran Uyesugi, 40, fatally shoots seven
people at Xerox Corp. in Honolulu. He is convicted and sentenced to life in
- Aug. 5, 1999: Truck driver Alan E. Miller, 35, fatally shoots two
co-workers at Pelham, Ala., office, then kills former co-worker. Miller is
convicted and sentenced to death.
- July 29, 1999: Former day trader Mark Barton, 44, kills nine people at two
Atlanta brokerage offices and later commits suicide.
- March 6, 1998: Former Connecticut Lottery Corp. accountant Matthew Beck,
35, fatally shoots four lottery executives, then himself.
- Dec. 18, 1997: Fired employee Arturo R. Torres, 43, kills four former
co-workers at maintenance yard in Orange, Calif., and is shot to death by
- Sept. 15, 1997: Fired assembly line worker Arthur H. Wise, 43, allegedly
opens fire at Aiken, S.C., parts plant, killing four. Trial pending.
- April 24, 1996: Firefighter Kenneth Tornes kills four superiors at a
Jackson, Miss., firehouse. Tornes dies on death row.
- April 3, 1995: Former employee James Simpson, 28, fatally shoots five
people at refinery inspection station in Corpus Christi, Texas, then kills
- July 19, 1995: City electrician Willie Woods fatally shoots four
supervisors at C. Erwin Piper Technical Center in Los Angeles. He is later
sentenced to life in prison.